Jewish Synagogue with monumental Classicistic exterior and Art Nouveau interior, was built on the site of a former wooden synagogue, which burned down in 1878.
The synagogue is among the largest and most impressive in Slovakia. The peculiarity is that the inside has eroded over time, thus looking immensely atmospheric, even mystical.
Currently it belongs to the Central Union of Jewish Religious Communities in Slovakia again and is administered by the Museum of Janko Kral.
During the visit the lecturer introduces visitors to the history of Jews in Slovakia and the building itself. A plaque on the facade reminds us of 800 people that were taken away from Liptovsky Mikulas to the camps.